Sunday, May 9, 2010

Working on my 30-day project


I am working on a story with a little girl who is deaf and has cochlear implants. Her name is Sophie and she is 3 years old. She is a very smart little girl that loves being around people. Despite her disability, she is just like every other kid we see. With her cochlear implants on, she can hear just like everyone else, she can sing just like everyone else, she can play, jump, imagine, etc. She can do anything. She is a very strong child and it has been awesome hanging out with her and her family.



Sophie loves to help with cooking, so she got to help her mom get dinner ready by stirring the red beans and rice.


As Sophie gets ready for horse-back riding, her mom finds a helmet that will fit her head. They exchange I love you's and a kiss before her mom puts her helmet on her.


Sophie loves to swing on her father's homemade swing outside in the backyard. A lot of her time outside is spent swinging on the swing on her belly.


On another day spent outside, Sophie found an old toy microphone, where she began talking and singing to herself in it. After few minutes of this, she was on to find the next adventure outside.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lesley! This is Samantha, Sophie's mom ... I'm not sure how to get in touch with you anymore, but I was wondering if you'd mind me sending a link to your awesome project to the company that makes Sophie's implants, the Cochlear Corporation. My email is playwithdirt@gmail.com and my number is 573-999-1743. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete