Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh my goodness, I just realized I was supposed to post about the reading we did for Monday. I just have to say that I love this book by Lamott. I feel like every time I read a chapter, I learn more about how to make my photography better. In the chapters School Lunches and Polaroids, I learned a bit more about just letting your mind wander about subjects and to see what comes up throughout your thinking process. Sometimes we focus too much on the main ideas of subjects that we miss little parts or ideas that may come up. I really like how Lamott compares writing to a polaroid. I think it is a great way to look at picture stories develop. I believe we, too, must realize that our stories may change based on various things that come up and keep our eyes and ears open for new possibilities that can make our story grow in any direction. I think it is when we have that mindset that our stories can be stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment